This is a Video from Thea Website
- Its very easy to use especially Presto engine.
- Little tweaking needed for materials and render settings
- Render presets are almost useful for majority of situations
- Displacements, depth of fields are almost real time.
- Real time rendering support.
- Multi pass rendering.
- Real camera adjustments during rendering.
- Relight functionality
- Scene transfer time (preparation time) is very fast, instantly start rendering.
- Very fast rendering for exterior with physical sun and sky
- HDRI lighted scene rendering is also fast.
- Photo realistic rendering with out any manual tweaking
- Flicker free GI
- Separate engines suited for different situations
- Adaptive BSD rendering is very fast with GI scenes.
- Can render Billions of polys without instancing very easily
- Instancing support
- Bucket rendering
- Net work rendering
- Support Team render
- Support Take system
- Materials can be exchanged through all the supported applications.
- material system is simple and uses common names
- Well support by the development team
- Adding new features and bug fixes are fast
- Must adhere with real world unit, (if you use 1 meter sphere and 10 meter sphere with same material like colored glass, you will get different result).
- No Motion blur support for C4D
- Mograph shaders are not fully supported.
- You have to stick with real world lighting for good result. That means if you use C4D lights you loose certain functionalities like caustics.
- Mesh lighting is better than native lights
- No matte objects supported, that means if you change a texture for one object you need to render all scene (you can add material override manually). but for Vray it is easier.
- Render passes are limited compared to Vray.
- Interior lighting is very slow, take too much time for cleaning up noise.
- For better interior lighting you have to use mesh instead of lights.
- Complex shading materials are somewhat tricky
- The reference manual is limited
Well suited render for Architectural visualizations, product renderings and small scale animation. If you are an individual, small studio Thea is a very good companion.
Anyway I will upload more real world scenes and situations. I recommend you to download the demo and test it your selves