to unlock the download link,You need to share this article in your social network via below buttons!
- Hidden wire display for retopology
- Mesh bisect tool
- New curve and lattice editing tools
- Planar motion tracker
- FBX import/export
- Improved hair rendering
- New hair shader
- improved subsurface scattering with new algorithm
- Cycles render supports bump mapping and texture blurring
- New sky model
- New black body
- vector transform
- HSV nodes
- New viewport enhancements
Download the finished blend file here
- Particle dynamics
- Boid particles (separate, flock)
- Particle collision
- Particle instancing
- Random effects
- Keyframing the particle effects
- Convering the fcurve to audio wave form using bake sound curve command.
- Baking the dynamics
- Particle info node
- Randomizing the color values using particle info.
|Blender will quit without any warning if you click the close button. If you chose the prompt quit Blender will give a warning message before closing. Only for Windows users!|
|For Windows : C;/windows/fonts |
For Linux : /usr/share/fonts/
In this Blender tutorial for beginners, you will learn to add static water to the glass bottle we created early. This video tutorial cover parenting, duplicating, selecting the desired polygons, duplicating and separating the selected polygons, filling the hole, adding water material to the mesh etc.
Software : Blender 2.68a
Difficulty : Beginner+
Missed the Lighting part? Watch it here.
Download the finishe blend file here
Missed the modeling part? Watch it here.
Update nvidia driver manually.
You will get several error message. Proceed further by clicking ok until you reach installation can continue.
After reboot repeat the process from CTRL+ALT+F1
Follow the onscreen instructions and you can successfully install nvidia driver.
Once finished either you can restart or start using your desktop by typing
“sudo service lightdm start”
Download the finished scene file : Download .blend file
- Primitive -Cylinder
- Mesh editing
- Edge loop cut and slide
- Bevel edge
- Edge loop
- Fill hole
- subdivision modifier
- Solidify modifier
- Glass material
- Open blender and delete the default cube.
- Create a new cylinder from add object menu. (add>mesh>cylinder).
- Change the depth (from tool box) to 6. Also turn on smooth preview.
- Locate the object property panel in the right side, change the name to glass bottle.
- Under display turn on wire and draw all edges.
- Change to edit mode. Press 'a' to deselect all vertices.
- Jump to front orthographic view and turn on wire frames.
- In the tool shelf find loop cut and slide (you can find at add tab just below extrude).
- Click it and create a cut at the center of the cylinder.
- Change the number of cuts to 6.
- De select all.
- Select the bottom vertices (use b) and scale it to 0.75.
- Select the second edge loop and move it down ward (z=-3.9).
- Also select the 3rd edge loop and move it downward (z=0.9).
- Select the 4th edge loop and move it to the center cut.
- Select the 5,6 and 7th edge loops and scale it in z axis (z=0.3) and move it towards the top edge loop.
- Select the 6th edge loop and scale it to 0.45.
- Select 7th and 8th edge loops and scale it to 0.65.
- Select the 4th edge loop and scale it to 0.75.
- Change to edge mode and press ctrl+b to bevel and drag. Change the offset to 1 and segments to 4.
- Select one edge from 2nd and 3rd edge loops and press ctrl+e and chose edge loop.
- Do a bevel again.
- Select the 5th edge loop and bevel it with 6 segments. offset 0.33 Also press smooth vertex under tool shelf.
- Select 6th edge loop and bevel it.
- Also do a bevel for 7th edge loop.
- Change to solid mode then select the bottom and top faces of the cylinder and delete.
- Then add a subdivision modifier and apply.
- In the edit mode select the bottom edge loop and press 'f' to fill the hole.
- In the object mode add a solidify modifier. Change the thickness to 0.07. Click apply.
- Try smoothing the top edges a little bit.
- Move the bottle in z=3
- Use the origin to the 3d cursor.
- Save the scene.
- You can add a glass material under cycles for rendering.
In my experience Linux is 1.62X or 62% faster than windows. That means Linux can render more than 3 frames where Windows can render only 2 frames at a given time. Unfortunately I don’t have a Mac computer, so it is not in the comparison list.
The operating system or OS included in this test are
- 1. Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit
- 2. Ubuntu studio (Linux) 13.04 64 bit
- Blender 2.68 a 64 bit
- Cycles render (pre installed with Blender).
- Dell XPS 14 laptop
- Intel core i7 processor with 1.74 GHz speed.
- NVidia GT 425M Graphics card
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz
- 500 GB HDD 7200 RPM
- NVidia display driver 314.07 for Windows 7
- NVidia Binary display driver 310 for Ubuntu
Here is the final render.
Here are the details of the scene.
- A photorealistic (?) glass bottle with studio lighting.
- Dynamically driven RBCs are present inside the bottle.
- All the materials used are Cycles shaders.
- Indirect lighting with full global illumination.
- Total samples of 1000 are used in rendering.
- Total number of polys includes 8072. Total size of the scene is 1.64 MB.
- The final output is HD 720P i.e. 1280x720.
Windows 7 64 bit
Ubuntu studio 64 bit
|Before optimizing the PC |
Total RAM usage
|1.52 GB i.e. 38%||360 MB i.e. 9%|
|After optimizing the PC |
Quit unwanted programs and services, total RAM usage
|1.06GB i.e. 26.5%||No optimization performed|
|After opening the scene in Blender total RAM usage||1.48 GB 37%||548 MB 13.7 %|
|During rendering RAM usage||1.44 GB 36%||520 MB 13%|
|During rendering CPU used for Blender||98-99% Rest is reserved for system.||97-98% Rest is reserved for system|
|Total render time||18 minute 12 seconds||11 minute 16 seconds|
So Linux is the winner in 3d rendering race.
Windows 7 64 bit
Linux Ubuntu Studio 64 bit
GPU rendering (CUDA)
Ubuntu 64 CPU rendering
Windows 64 GPU rendering
Ubuntu 64 GPU rendering
Windows 7 64
I don’t know about Mac OS.
Have you ever feel slow rendering? Try switching your operating system first. Then upgrade your hardware.
So what you think? Post your comments and result below.
Difficulty : Beginner
Software : Blender 2.68a
Download : independence Day Blender template. (You can use it with your commercial project. Do not redistribute in any form. You can directly link to this page instead.
In this tutorial you will learn about
- Adding text in Blender
- Modifying text in Blender
- Interactive changing of text properties (font, letters etc.) in Blender
- Basic material editing in Blender
- Camera animation in Blender
- Cloth stimulation/ flag stimulation in Blender
- Lighting and rendering with cycles in in Blender
- Open a new blender scene and delete the default cube.
- Add a text object (add>text, shift + A> text).